School Principals can evaluate in one period.
Principal enters classroom five minutes after
the lesson has begun.
2- In the
next two or three minutes, principal
looks for : - established routines
- minimal confusion
- clearly communicated directives
3- What the
Principal wants to observe :
- Do the students know what to do?
- Are instructions on the board?
- Are all materials readily available?
- Do the students know what to do when completing assignment?
- Is the classroom climate orderly and business-like?
- Did instruction begin within seven minutes?
4- The last
five minutes :
- Does the period end with a clear explanation of homework expectations?
- Are the students engaged in learning?
- Are the students who have finished early going on to the next task?
- Is the climate orderly and business-like?
- Is the teacher monitoring seat work?
- Is the transition to the next class/period smooth?
students are reading :
- Principal asks student to read a paragraph. If students makes more
than five errors, the text
is too difficult.
- Principal asks student to explain what he/she is doing.