Thanks RL Whipkey
morning, Mrs. Shopper returned Christmas gifts.
There was one return for each of the five children, including Ben.
Each gift was being returned for a different reason to a different mall
retailer, one to Eddie Bauer.
1. Mrs. Shopper made these five returns (not necessarily in
order): Zach's gift, the jeans, the article bought at
Banana Republic, the item of apparel that the recipient
didn't like, and the one to the 5th store in the order.
2. Erica's gift, which wasn't the one returned because it was
too small, wasn't the one purchased at American Eagle
3. Immediately after returning the hat to one mall store, Mrs.
Shopper returned Mindy's gift to another retailer.
4. The item returned to Abercrombie and Fitch wasn't the one
that was too large.
5. The article Mrs. Shopper took back to Banana Republic,
which wasn't Erica's, wasn't the one that was the wrong
6. Immediately after returning Tara's gift, Mrs. Shopper
returned the item that was too small; immediately after
returning the too small article, Mrs. Shopper returned the sweatshirt.
7. The shorts weren't the too large item.
8. Mindy's gift wasn't the one returned because it was the
9. The item of apparel returned to the Gap, which wasn't
Mindy's, wasn't the sweatshirt.
10. Mrs. Shopper didn't return the jacket to American Eagle.
11. The jeans weren't Tara's.
12. In consecutive order first-to-last, Mrs. Shopper made
these three returns: the one to the Gap, Erica's gift, and the
article that was the wrong color.
Can you determine the order (1st to 5th) in which Mrs. Shopper made the
returns: the store visited, the child whose gift was returned, the item
returned, and the reason for the return?